Trying out a new idea, “Dads Drinking Beer”, a video podcast. Our first episode is making gingerbread houses with the kids. The beer of the day is the Real Ale Brewers’ Cut 013: Oyster Stout. Let me know what you think in the comments here or on YouTube.
Really Lame Gingerbread House
- Store-brand graham crackers in an abnormal size
- Cake icing
- Bag of jelly beans
- Raided candy from a previously Christmas party the kids haven’t thought to ask about yet
- Powered sugar
- Drink the beer.
- Using the foil, completely cover the plate. This allows for easy clean-up.
- Taking six graham cracker squares and icing, build a cube.
- Curse repeatedly under your breath as the graham cracker breaks, falls apart, turns into an liquified pile of evil.
- Cover with more icing
- Pass to your child with jelly beans and candy to decorate
- Look away for a second to turn back to see them licking the icing and dumping the bowl of candy into their mouth
- Rebuild house after it collapses when they place the first jelly bean on it
- Repeat step 6
- Take an extra piece of graham cracker, dip it in the icing and eat it because screw it, this is hard and messy. Dads can be emotional eaters too. Don’t judge me.
- Once finished, take the powered sugar and spread over the house like snow. It won’t look anything like snow.
- Explain to the kids that you made it snow even though you live in Texas and they’ve never seen snow and think you’re crazy.
- Take a picture before the house collapes when the air from the air conditioner blowing knocks it down.
2 thoughts on “Episode 1: Gingerbread House”
> gingerbread shack
has waaaay more personality. nice!
This is hilarious. I love the part about never having seen snow. I try to explain to people from snow-filled or snow-free states that we have terrible ice here, but they think I’m just looking for something to complain about.